PROGRAM ADVISOR (2 positions)
For 35 years, Project Self-Sufficiency has been cultivating the grit and determination needed for a lifetime of achievements for single parents and their children. It is remarkable the level of impact we have been able to make in the lives of our participants and their children over this time. This is due to the enormous community support and love we are so fortunate to receive, combined with the skills, talents and passion of our staff, our Project Self-Sufficiency Team Awesome.
We are seeking candidates to fill the important role of Program Advisor. Project Self-Sufficiency is committed to grow our community impact and the perfect candidate will bring unique experience and strengths to our team to drive innovation and expansion, ensuring that more single parents can have the opportunities and supports they need to accomplish education goals while raising their kids by themselves. This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate.
Based in Northern Colorado, this position requires the ability to work effectively with low-income, single parents on goal setting, career and personal planning, and problem solving. Communication and collaboration are essential to success in the position, both internally with participants and colleagues, and externally with businesses, educational institutions, and community and government organizations.
The Advisor reports to the Program Manager, and will be a member of the organization’s Program Team. We are a strong team, committed to the full execution of our mission through excellence and accountability to each other and to the amazing community that supports our work; we require someone who is collaborative, not afraid to challenge or be challenged, while being supportive and compassionate to each other. We are tenacious and strong, we have to be in order to stay on track toward big goals and objectives. We must be extremely organized, so that we can be proactive and responsive in our work with families. Perhaps most importantly, we like to laugh and have fun along the way.
We are looking for candidates eager to help expand our impact in Northern Colorado and who bring…
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence, abuse, trauma, child protection or drug/alcohol treatment experience;
- Expertise in job skills training, career planning, academic planning, parenting skills, and self-sufficiency programs;
- A strengths-based approach and solid understanding of the complexities of working with diverse and marginalized populations, low-income families, and DEI issues;
- A collaborative attitude and enjoy partnering with others to accomplish excellent results;
- A diverse background and/ or those who have directly experienced poverty are strongly encouraged to apply;
- A growth mindset to help transform challenges into opportunities;
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity/inclusion and a solid understanding of and appreciation for cultural, ethnic and individual differences.
Please consider learning more about the Program Advisor role if you…
- Are in love with Project Self-Sufficiency’s mission and are passionate about helping individuals identify their strengths and skills to work toward a career pathway that fulfills their human potential;
- Know how to build and strengthen relationships via phone, written communications, and in-person;
- Think strategically and know how to leverage partnerships, resources, and people to advance our mission;
- Are not afraid to try new approaches and techniques, can embrace the concept of failing forward and are willing to push yourself and program parameters to new levels in order to improve and grow.
What we offer…
- Fun, supportive work environment with a collaborative culture and team that expects and values innovative contributions from all team members;
- An enormous opportunity to play an essential role in transforming the lives of single-parent families in a fun, supportive work environment;
- A commitment to your professional growth and development;
- A competitive benefits package that includes 401(K) match, health, dental and vision insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, pro-rated PTO and 10 paid holidays per year.
An offer of employment will be subject to a signed Confidentiality Agreement, acceptable background check, and, because we work with vulnerable populations, we will require documentation of completed series of COVID-19 vaccination.
Applicants should carefully review the complete job description for full qualifications and duties. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter describing their reason for interest and key qualifications for the position, a separate statement on their philosophy of case management detailing how they approach their work with individuals including any techniques and methods used, and resume, saved as one PDF file, with the subject line: “Project Self-Sufficiency Advisor Position,” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting applications until the position is filled.
Project Self-Sufficiency does not discriminate on the basis of race including hair texture, hair type, or a protective hairstyle commonly or historically associated with race, such as braids, locs, twists, tight coils or curls, cornrows, Bantu knots, Afros, and headwraps. Project Self-Sufficiency also does not discriminate on the basis of, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, military or veteran status, age, physical or other disabilities, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local law.