We work with single parents, both moms and dads, who want to build a brighter future for their families. We partner with you to figure out a career plan, complete any education or training needed for a career, and find that first job.  Parents must be willing to meet with an Advisor, once or twice a month, to create and follow a plan that helps you reach your goals. If you want to bring your power and apply, read on.

Thank you for your interest in Project Self-Sufficiency!

Step 1: Am I eligible?

1. I am single, living on my own or with family and friends, but not with an intimate partner (i.e. spouse, ex, boy/girlfriend).

2. I live in Larimer County, Colorado.

3. I am at least 18 years old, as of today’s date.

4. I am the primary parent responsible for at least one child 13-years-old or younger living with me more than 50% of the time. We may ask for documentation of this upon request.

5. I am a low-income household.

Project Self-Sufficiency uses 185% of the Federal poverty level to determine program eligibility. The following guidelines are used:

Family Size Including Parent Maximum Annual Income Maximum Monthly Income
Single parent with 1 child $31,284 $2,607
Single parent with 2 children $39,461 $3,288
Single parent with 3 children $47,638 $3,970
Single parent with 4 children $55,815 $4,651
Single parent with 5 children $63,992 $5,333

*retrieved from on 1/11/19. Poverty guidelines are updated periodically in the Federal Register by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under the authority of 42 U.S.C. 9902(2).

6. I can demonstrate a need for services and have the ability to prepare for full-time employment.

7. I am legally able to work and attend school in the United States  (i.e. a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.)

Step 2: I want to bring my power and apply.

In order to enroll in Project Self-Sufficiency, you must submit a completed application. The application is a simple form that asks for basic information. In addition to the completed application, we require a letter of recommendation from someone who can comment on your strengths and desire to become self-sufficient. This individual could be a counselor, employer, minister, teacher, etc., but not a friend or family member.

Option 1 (PREFERRED): Fill out an application online by clicking the button below. The online form is mobile-friendly.

Option 2:  Contact us to request a paper Application

Option 3:  Visit our offices to fill an application online, M-Th 9am-5pm or stop by during our walk-in times (see below).

Map to Loveland  (375 West 37th Street #150)

Map to Fort Collins  (2001 South Shields D-203) 

Step 3: I am ready to learn more.

After applying, complete two 20-minute Walk-In/Help Sessions with one of our Advisors. This allows you to become more informed about our program and receive assistance addressing any critical needs you are facing. Walk-In/Help Sessions for both offices are as follows:

Every Wednesday from 3-5pm

Every Thursday from 11am-1pm

There will be no walk-ins the weeks of 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s. Please attend your walk-ins at the appropriate office for your place of residence. In general, residents of Fort Collins, Laporte, Wellington and Timnath should attend walk-ins at the Fort Collins office. Residents of Loveland, Berthoud, Windsor and Estes Park should attend walk-ins at the Loveland office. If you have any questions, please contact either the Fort Collins office at 407-0305 ext. 5 or the Loveland office at 635-5912. 

Step 4: I am ready for an interview. (openings for interviews vary)

When openings for the program become available, appropriate applicants are invited to complete an in-depth interview to determine if they are a good fit for the program. Applicants are invited to participate in the interview process only after they have completed their two walk-in sessions. It is very important that you keep us informed of any changes in your contact information once you apply, otherwise we will be unable to notify you of an opening.

If you are in need of other community resources, please review the United Way 2-1-1 Community Resource List.